Aligns personnel and other resources in a manner consistent with organizational vision and objectives.
- Creates personal job goals and organizational goals based on organizational vision
- Takes responsibility for developing, communicating, and gaining commitment to broad organizational goals
- Helps others understand how their work relates to the organizational vision and ensures that job goals are fully aligned with organizational goals
- Identifies goals that are not aligned with the organizational vision and takes steps to shift the focus
- Identifies and acquires necessary personnel, resources and information
- Ensures that resources, time, and attention are allocated in proportion to organization priorities
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.