Maintains current knowledge of market trends and the evolution of technology in relevant specialty area(s).
- Applies emerging and evolving technologies to current and future business needs at the operational and tactical levels.
- Compares, contrasts and evaluates internal and external sources of information to assure awareness and understanding of new and emerging technology and its business implications.
- Considers trends in technology and compares and contrasts options for flexibility and risk.
- Manages competing priorities among future hardware and related software initiatives.
- Researches regularly to understand and anticipate emerging business needs to ensure technology can adequately support business needs and processes.
- Evaluates cost benefits of alternative IT-and non IT-solutions to develop a business case, and ensure support and justification for the best alternative.
- Analyzes and evaluates data to determine or support decisions around, when to adopt new technologies (i.e., lead, follow).
- Evaluates and pilots technologies prior to major investment or deployment.
- Reviews, recommends, and/or determines emerging technologies based on their value.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.