Makes sound decisions that take into account objectives, risks, implications, and agency and governmental regulations.
- Bases decisions on an analysis of short-range consequences or simple options, including people?s reactions and potential problems
- Gathers sufficient information to identify gaps and variances before making a decision
- Solicits the input of the appropriate people to improve the quality of a decision
- Weighs the costs, benefits, risks, and chances for success in a decision
- Focuses on objectives and results when considering the various alternatives to a decision
- Foresees the long-range consequences or implications of different options
- Bases decisions on higher principles and Agency and governmental regulations with the end goal always in mind
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.