Demonstrates a commitment to public service; serves and satisfies internal and external customers; holds self accountable for quality outcomes.
- Understands customers and takes a proactive approach to meeting their needs in an effective and timely manner.
- Uses `non-technical? language skillfully to ensure effective communication with customers from all levels of understanding.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships and partners with customers.
- Balances interests of a variety of customers.
- Sets, commits to, and maintains high standards for quality work and responsiveness in providing administrative services.
- Establishes and maintains credibility with the public, customers, and co-workers.
- Works with customers to assess their needs in an effort to meet/exceed requirements and expectations.
- Conveys a positive attitude when interacting with customers and staff.
- Identifies opportunities to improve customer service and satisfaction.
- Engages the customer as a partner in delivering service.
- Makes use of specialized knowledge to assist customers in resolving problems.
- Recognizes that customer feedback is an opportunity to improve performance, and identifies the need for any changes in service delivery.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.