Facilitates discussions between customers/partners and potential vendors to agree on contract terms and evaluates bids or proposals to make contract award decisions.
- Understands customer/partner?s scientific and technical requirements
- Gathers information to make sound decisions
- Employs established processes and techniques (e.g., tradeoffs, lowest price technically acceptable) to make well informed source selection decisions
- Guides customers/partners through the review, negotiation and evaluation of bids and proposals process
- Makes award decisions that meet the mission needs of the organization
- Develops detailed Statements of Work that define the scope of the work to be performed throughout the contract process
- Works with customers/partners and vendors to craft mutually agreeable contract terms, conditions and price
- Documents source selection decisions and drafts contracts that include the agreed upon terms, conditions, special provisions and negotiated price
- Engages in other source selection activities where required (e.g., debriefing offers or, responding to protests)
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.