Proactively investigates new perspectives, approaches, and behaviors, and takes steps to evaluate and improve performance.
- Sets concrete goals for own work activities and behavior in order to achieve desired work outcomes and meet or exceed expectations
- Applies new technical and business information/knowledge to practical use on the job.
- Seeks feedback from others and uses other sources of information (e.g., professional organizations, publications) to identify appropriate areas for learning.
- Shows interest and pursues appropriate learning activities that fulfill self-development/learning needs.
- Displays an open, curious, non-judgmental approach regarding differences of opinion
- Remains respectful in communications and approach where disagreement exists
- Demonstrates self-reflection and solicits feedback from others regarding performance
- Identifies individual challenges and seeks opportunities to grow
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.