Builds professional skills and competencies of self and others.
- Identifies personal skill areas to be developed and translates them into measurable goals
- Seeks out ways to improve performance and efficiency on the job
- Seeks out opportunities and encourages others to learn from mistakes
- Works toward performance improvement of self and others by identifying and acting upon factors that influence an individuals performance potential
- Invests time and resources to learn, grow, and develop
- Consistently seeks out opportunities that will create growth and development
- Understands and identifies a developmental need and seeks out or establishes applicable activities or materials
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.