Effectively present and receive information and concepts, in both written and oral formats. Actively listen to ensure understanding.
- Makes clear, concise and convincing oral presentations to individuals or groups.
- Expresses facts and ideas in writing in a clear, concise, convincing and organized manner.
- Explains complex issues in understandable terms.
- Presents, defends and negotiates sensitive and complex issues at senior levels.
- Listens effectively and clarifies information as needed.
- Identifies and obtains input from key stakeholders representing the entire spectrum of important opinions and demonstrates an understanding of the range of important perspectives when formulating policies, plans or initiatives.
- Formulates informed questions reflecting full understanding of what another person has said.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.