Guides others to make the most of their available skills.
- Recognizes and encourages performance excellence
- Recognizes and analyzes a performance problem
- Identifies effective strategies for modifying behaviors and attitudes
- Plans and initiates a coaching session
- Identifies various ideas to assist the learner
- Identifies and demonstrates supportive coaching behavior
- Uses the various questioning techniques
- Employs and encourages a feedback process
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.