Understands the need for change and helps plan for and accommodate it as creatively and positively as possible.
- Proposes new approaches, methods, and technologies.
- Uses state-of-the-art resources and employs technology to assist self and organization in work activities.
- Assesses the readiness for change of people and organizations prior to implementing any change activities
- Recognizes and plans for challenges associated with undertaking business process redesign and change management efforts
- Considers overall structures, patterns and cycles in the organization/systems, and uses assessment, analysis and evaluation methodologies to define metrics and standards of performance
- Assesses mission achievements, change implementation, behavioral change, evidence of learning, and employee reactions/responses
- Is flexible and open to new ideas and encourages others to value change.
- Seeks out ways to employ technology to achieve mission and improve organizational and individual performance.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.