Supports, monitors, and proactively resolves all administrative requests and requirements.
- Coordinates with contacts in offices external to own direct unit to ensure the completion of administrative activities.
- Supports and serves as the point of contact for assigned program areas to ensure that all administrative related actions are carried through to completion.
- Serves as the point of contact for smaller program areas to ensure that all administrative related actions are carried through to completion.
- Uses a collaborative process to assess, recommend, plan for and provide administrative support and services from the initial request until the action is completed.
- Serves as an advocate for the customer while ensuring that all actions are consistent with Federal and NIH policies and procedures.
- Provides periodic feedback to customers/stakeholders to ensure an awareness of where actions are in the process.
- Takes responsibility for the proactive and timely resolution of each action requested by program staff.
- Provides guidance to program staff to help them obtain needed administrative services.
- Reviews requests/requirements/actions and consults with the AO to assess, coordinate, and monitor each request/requirement/action until resolved.
- Recognizes when to seek the assistance and/or intervention of a supervisor or management official on specific cases or situations.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.