Provides appropriate guidance, feedback and resources.
- Advises managers and program staff on appropriate acquisition actions such as record of call, Federal Supply Schedule, GSA fedstrips, credit cards, purchase orders and contracts, and explains documentation requirements.
- Provides advice to managers on appropriate acquisition action necessary to obtain contract workers.
- Explains documentation and policy requirements and limitations to managers.
- Assists managers in preparing justifications for sole source and exemption from using mandatory sources, and for emergency orders and statements of work.
- Develops specifications for the use in soliciting goods and services.
- Evaluates the qualifications of vendors/suppliers.
- Provides guidance through the review, negotiation and evaluation of bids and the proposal process.
- Seeks information to understand problems, expectations, and needs of clients in assigned area.
- Provides accurate and timely guidance.
- Provides `resolution-based? information when identifying problems and recommending solutions.
- Supports leadership and staff by planning, preparing, organizing and managing information and materials.
- Facilitates submissions of required documentation and in the appropriate format.
- Serves as an advisor and resource to improve process, designs, functionality and management.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.