Adapts quickly to change and easily considers new approaches.
- Remains flexible and open to new ideas and encourages others to value change.
- Understands changes in work tasks, situations, and environment as well as the basis for change.
- Persists towards solutions and goals in changing circumstances.
- Acknowledges new information and adjusts responses accordingly.
- Adjusts timelines, results and expectations appropriately to changing needs.
- Overcomes obstacles to achieve results.
- Thinks and acts effectively under pressure.
- Identifies ways to incorporate new practices into existing framework.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.