Leverage knowledge and develop, advocate, and implement plans to achieve organizational goals.
- Optimizes performance within the organization by developing priorities and setting goals to achieve IC and NIH objectives.
- Sets and communicates clear, well-defined expectations for outcomes and milestones.
- Establishes means of tracking, measuring and reporting organizational performance and objectives.
- Delegates responsibility to others based on their ability and potential.
- Holds self and others accountable for results.
- Maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic and persistent, even under adversity.
- Takes responsibility for leading, directing, implementing and managing change.
- Accurately assesses potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives.
- Promotes the advancement of high quality science.
- Designs and/or implements new or cutting-edge programs/processes.
- Demonstrates technical expertise.
- Understands organizational information needs and deploys the necessary tools, resources, and processes to effectively capture and distribute knowledge.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.