Assumes responsibility for successfully accomplishing work objectives and delivering business results; setting high standards of performance for self and others.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one's own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs.
- Accepts responsibility for positive and negative outcomes of work.
- Clearly communicates parameters of delegated responsibility, including decision-making authority and required actions or deadlines.
- Performs one?s job with the broader goals in mind.
- Helps and supports fellow employees in their work to contribute to overall organization success.
- Focuses and guides others in achieving business results.
- Looks beyond the requirements of one's own job to offer suggestions for improvements of overall organization operations.
- Takes personal ownership in organization's success.
Developmental opportunities for this competency are available from the NIH Training Center.