Confirm Your State Tax Withholding!

When was the last time you checked the tax withholdings on your Leave and Earnings Statement (LES) for accuracy?  Confirming that state taxes are being withheld for the correct state is extremely important.  If you fail to make a state tax withholding election, the withholdings automatically default to the state of Maryland.  An address change from one state to another completed in myPay does not automatically change your state tax withholding.

If you move to or from Maryland, you must complete a state tax form for your new state and submit it for processing to the Final Authorizers Unit, 2115 East Jefferson/Room 2A-211.  However, for movement between other states and/or the District, you must change your state tax information in myPay by selecting State Withholding.  After entering your updated information select Save. You can access your Leave and Earnings Statement in myPay to view your withholdings.  Should you discover taxes are being withheld for the wrong state, complete the appropriate state tax withholding form or myPay use as instructed above.  Additionally, you should immediately notify the Leave, Payroll & Workforce Support Unit, 301-496-2404, of the problem.  With sufficient notification, withholding problems reported prior to the end of the calendar year can be corrected.